The opposition Congress had raised the issue of deaths caused by the pandemic in the state, after which the minister came out with the statement.
The Congress had claimed that over three lakh people died due to the pandemic in Gujarat, while the official figure, given by Patel, is 10,082.
“As per a letter of the central home ministry, the state government has decided to give Rs 50,000 as financial assistance to the relatives of those who died due to COVID-19.
The Government Will Provide Rs 50,000 Assistance To Those Who Died Due To Corona Apply Online @ iora.gujarat.gov.in
- Measurement can be done in two ways (days after payment receipt)
- Simple measurement (which will be disposed of in 60 days)
- Urgent measurement (which will be disposed of in 30 days)
- First go to i-ORA portal https://iora.gujarat.gov.in/ of the Department of Consumer Affairs to make a new application.
- “Click on” ONLINE APPLICATIONS “in the menu on the main page of the i-ORA Portal, or click on the one you want to apply to from the different killings mentioned on the main page.
- Select the application and type of application.
- Select the District, taluka and village to apply to the district, district and district survey numbers. Note: – If there is more than one surveyor, apply for the survey number separately.
- Enter the applicant’s mobile number and – mail.
- Read the SynchPassword code displayed on the screen and enter it in the following textbox.
- If you do not read the captcha code, click on “Refresh Code” so that the new captcha code appears on the screen.
- After entering the captcha code, click on “Generate OTP”. Generating OTP will provide different verification code to the applicant’s mobile number and – mail.
- Enter the mobile number and – the different verification code found on the mail – by typing in the checkboxes next to ‘Mail’ and click “Submit”.
- Click Click “Submit” followed by the prompt to fill in the application details.
- Enter the exact details of the application
Covid Sahay Yojana Gujarat
“The state government will give this compensation as per the guidelines of the centre. Committees will be formed at the district level to distribute the compensation,” the health minister told the House.
The death rate due to COVID-19 in India was lower in comparison to other countries, while in Gujarat it was lower in comparison to other states due to effective management of the pandemic, Patel said.
Congress members rushed into the well of the house on the issue of the BJP government’s handling of the pandemic, and were suspended for a brief period.
The opposition party earlier in the day released a press note saying that in reply to questions asked by its members in the Assembly, the state government stated that only 3,864 people have died due to the pandemic in Gujarat.
But the health minister, in a statement, said Congress members had not asked for information about the deaths in municipal corporation areas. “The death toll due to coronavirus stands at 10,082 in the state,” he said
Covid Sahay Yojana Gujarat govt to pay Rs 50,000 to families of those who died to Covid-19